Monday, January 02, 2006

new year blahs

I've almost run out of money. I took the semester off in order to travel and ski, but didn't expect my savings to dry up so quickly. It didn't help that I bought a new car and put $4500 down when I could've put down ... well, zero, but that's another matter. As things stand right now, I need five to seven hundred dollars before I leave for Mexico--and that's what I'm thinking about as 2006 begins. I hate thinking about practical shit like this!!!!!

It's not only that, but when I stress over trivialities like this (and it is trivial; all I have to do is pay the withdrawal penalty on my CD, and I'm covered), every other area of my life seems to plummet. Right now, I'm feeling like a complete waste of space--like everything I've ever done in my life is worthless. I'm thinking about what a crummy activist I make. If this is as well as I handle minor stresses, how will I react to being imprisoned for resistance activities or putting my life on the line for what I believe?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

If I had seen this post before, I would have commented before. I guess it's too late to say a lot except it looks like you've got it worked out and I hope you're doing better now.

shane said...

Gracias. Things are better--although I'm still short of cash. I was gonna have a kegger to raise funds, but it fell through. Like I said, though, all I have to do is withdraw from my CD.